There are lots of cookbooks that are designed “specifically for kids”. Face it. There are some good recipes in there, but most of the recipes are kind of easy. For example, you don’t need 2 whole pages to describe making a smoothie. Some adults expect that kids can’t cook sophisticated meals. But when I look through some of those “adult” cookbooks, here are some FANTASTIC cookbooks that anyone can use!!!!!!
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, by Deb Perelman- This is such a good book! I could spend hours and hours gazing upon these recipes before I actually make them! SO GOOD!!!!
- Barefoot Contessa at Home and Barefoot Contessa Family Style, by Ina Garten- These recipes are classic, and will delight everyone. Plus, they’re fun to make!!!
- Super Natural Every Day, by Heidi Swanson- My mom loves this book. It has some REALLY yummy healthy recipes with fun ingredients.
- Pasta and Soup by William-Sonoma- These books consist of classic recipes as well a unique ones. A great family cookbook! (Though it may not seem like one!)
- The Model Bakery Cookbook, by Karen Mitchell and Sarah Mitchell Hansen with Rick Rodgers- Some of these recipes are incredibly hard and this book has “Master Recipes” such as wedding cake, croissant dough and 3 layer cakes. But they also have amazing recipes like Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake, homemade granola, Ginger-Molassas Cookies and other sweets and baked wonders. Try a “Master Recipe” if you think you’re advanced!!!!