With great honor I was asked by the fabulous Kid Chef to add my two cents about the culinary world. One thing I would love to talk about are cookbook recipes. Recipes are guidelines not rules! So tweak them according to you preference. If you really love cumin and it says 1/4 teaspoon of cumin and you really want more, ADD MORE! This is Yas signing off! Keep on cooking!
Hi guys! It’s me again and I just wanted to thank my good friend Yasmine who has a ton of insight on the food world and is an EXCELLENT chef. Here is her recipe for Salad with Peach Vinaigrette, that she has made for me and I love:
Salad With Peach Vinaigrette
- 2 Fresh Peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons (tweak if necessary) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Baby spinach
- Fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Make the dressing: put 1 peach in a bowl, and blend with a hand blender until smooth (or use a food processor). Whisk the vinegars and olive oil together in a separate bowl, then taste and adjust oil and vinegar levels to taste.
- Whisk some of the oil/vinegar mixture and peach puree together, then add more vinegar and oil if needed and taste to adjust.
- Make the salad: In a salad bowl, mix the spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella. Add the second chopped peach. Dress the salad and then toss well. Add salt and pepper.
Thank you SOOOOOO much to Yasmine C. for providing the amazing recipe and tips. Keep cooking! 😉