I don’t know about you, but ever since I was little, I’ve loved eating a steaming bowl of pasta as the perfect weeknight dinner. And ever since I was little, my mom has made me and my sister her classic pasta with meat sauce. An updated version of traditional pasta Bolognese from Italy, my mom’s pasta can be made quickly and is so delicious. My mom often uses ground turkey or ground turkey sausage (for more flavor), but ground beef (or pork) works great, too. Normally I just use Dave’s Heirloom Tomato sauce, which is amazing, but if you have extra time, use this great recipe. Pasta with Tomato-Meat Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 package ground turkey, turkey sausage, beef or pork
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Your favorite pasta
- Parmesan, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large pan until very hot. Add garlic, turn down the heat and cook until the garlic is browned. Add the onion, and cook until softened.
- Add the meat in and try to unclump it as best as you can, breaking it up with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper and add more oil if needed.
- When meat is browned and fully cooked, dump the tomato sauce into the pan and distribute it evenly with the meat and onion. Turn the heat down to simmer and reduce the sauce.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of generously salted water. When, boiling, add pasta and cook according to instructions on the package. When done, drain and, in a large bowl mix with olive oil and parmesan (don’t add sauce yet).
- When the sauce has reduced and thickened, take it off the heat and toss it with the pasta/oil/cheese mixture. Top with more parmesan. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this classic recipe, courtesy of my mom. Keep cooking! 😉