We use sugar for lots of things– for example:
So yeah, lots and lots of sugar. But it wasn’t until my aunt bought me some sweet smelling sugar scrub that I did some research on sugar and health. Sure, sugar is not so healthy for your body and a high sugar diet probably won’t bring any gifts, but did you know:
1. Sugar exfoliates and softens skin without leaving residue that will block your pores.
2. Sugar removes dead skin which evens out skin tone and prevents wrinkles.
3. Homemade scrubs prevent acne, blackheads, whiteheads and other pimples AND fixes calloused and cracked heels.
Still not convinced? How about the fact that making sugar scrubs take 5 minutes, make a fantabulous gift and smell delish!
Here are 3 kinds:
- 1/2 cup white, brown or (better) turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (olive or softened coconut work great)
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla extract
Lemon Olive Oil:
- Use olive oil
- A little lemon juice
- A drop of yellow food coloring, optional
- A splash of peppermint extract
- A bit of green food coloring, optional
- Mix all ingredients together
- Slather scrub on legs, feet, arms and anywhere else.
- Wash off.
- Easy as that!
I used Ball 4 oz Jelly Jars to put them in that I bought at my local grocery store, but any will do. Be sure to glue the adorable labels I made onto them…
printable is below!
Keep cooking (and moisturizing) 😉
What’s cooking soon? Up next: a recap of my classic New England vacation in food and an awesome summer meal straight from my family.
Here are the printable labels– adorable! Click on the link to download: SugarScrubs