Do you ever have those moments where you just feel like cooking? Sometimes you just randomly want to cook… you want to get creative, you want to dress up a snack or most likely, you’re hungry for something good. And though cooking is fun, ingredients are expensive, equipment is scarce and time is, well, not always on our sides. So really, when you just want to cook, there aren’t many options.
Fortunately, I feel the same way, and due to my
aggressive obsessive procrastinating focused personality, I am starting a new line of posts on this very blog: I FEEL LIKE COOKING. Like I said, I’m very to-the-point.
This recipe uses ingredients you most likely (or should) have at home, and takes not-very-long. If you have a panini press, by all means, use it, but pressing it down in a pan or just toasting it in a toaster oven will work as well. (There are many reasons to buy a panini maker, but don’t buy one just for this recipe.)
I figured that, since we are short on time if you REALLY need this post, I would make the intro short. And so here are the reasons to make this ‘wich:
- It takes about maximum 7 minutes (not counting panini-press heat up time)
- You probably have the ingredients (bananas? cinnamon? bread? butter?)
- The bananas get caramelized by the butter and cinnamon and it’s like OH MY GOSH.
- What could go wrong with bananas, cinnamon and butter? (except if it involves a blender– NO SMOOTHIES)
Banana PB and Cinnamon Breakfast Panini
- 1 english muffin, halved lengthwise (preferred), or two small slices bread
- Peanut Butter
- 1 banana, sliced.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Spread a bit of butter (not the bit you just melted) on one slice of bread, then sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon. Put a few banana slices on top, then sprinkle with more cinnamon. Spread butter on the other side.
- Brush a panini press or pan with the melted butter, then brush the top of the bread. Press with the panini press, or using another pan. You could also just toast the sandwich (in this case, omit the butter on the pan, keep the butter on top.)
- Cut in half and enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed this delicious post. AND AS ALWAYS,
-Keep cooking 😉