Long title, right? I know right! But this grilled cheese deserves it. I made it on a whim and on a rush, throwing a few ingredients together. It took literally 5 minutes and I think it might’ve surpassed all grilled cheese sandwiches. Here are the ingredients I used.
- 2 slices sourdough pullman bread (Eli Zabar) or french bread
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Enough chopped white cheddar to cover a slice of bread
- 2 shaves of gruyere cheese
- Olive oil
- Butter the bread.
- Put the swiss on one slice and the cheddar on the other.
- Put the gruyere in the middle and sandwich.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sprinkle with salt. Now, I know this sounds gross, this next part, but please, just trust me on this. Put a pat of butter in the pan and immediately put the sandwich in, pressing down. Add more oil if necessary. Flip when golden and wait for cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Yup, that simple.